Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Localization Engineer to join Snap Inc!. As a member of the Localization team, you will you'll be responsible for assessing, optimizing, and evolving the technology of our localization toolkit. The Localization Engineer will ensure we keep pace with the evolving technology of our industry and will remain tireless in the pursuit of technical evolution in service of operating at scale. You’ll drive the team’s pursuit of an exception-based workflow and usher in our new self-service reality by bridging the gap between translation and technology. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with product teams to facilitate a frictionless localization process so that our creation and production partners can easily deliver experiences that feel as if they were created specifically for every Snapchatter around the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with the localization manager and localization specialists to reinvent and rebuild our current localization pipeline and toolset
- Develop software, tools, and scripts to automate and facilitate the localization process
- Liaise with product and engineering teams to provide the support needed to bring their content into our new localization tool pipeline
- Maintain the overall toolset, watching for failures, and providing technical support when necessary
- Champion future-proofing initiatives for the localization pipeline. Stay abreast on industry improvements and readily understand when to adopt new technology or tools
- Execute internationalization and pseudo localization testing to help the Localization team avoid localization bugs downstream
- Drive the pursuit for all automation opportunities in the localization space in testing, in workflows, and in translation
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented programming
- Experience with supporting localization workflows and a working knowledge of the common pitfalls of internationalization
- Self motivated and eager to learn, especially when faced with challenges
- Ability to swiftly navigate and manipulate queries in a wide array of developer and product management tools including Jira, Zendesk, and Github
- Strong verbal and written communication skills capable of transcending, informing, and influencing all members of a cross-functional team
- Keen risk assessment abilities and near crystal-ball vision for identifying future blockers
- Proactive nature that helps to avoid unnecessary risk
- In-depth knowledge and enthusiasm for evolving translation industry technologies (neural machine translation, automated testing, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of dedicated localization tools such as CAT tools and translation management systems
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Specialist, Quality Operations - Starting Material
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States