Senior Developer Operations Engineer, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
As a Senior Developer Operations Engineer on our engineering operations team, you'll be responsible for our AWS, GCP, Build, and Deployment infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include optimizing our development, testing, and deployment cycle, and owning key parts of our AWS and GCP infrastructure and best practices.
You will be responsible for all AWS and GCP Interactions, including:
- Global rollouts and changes
- Monitoring dependency version changes and motivating upgrades
- Operational best practices, both internal and externally driven
- Security (working as Placed’s primary liaison with our Security team)
You will make sure the engineering team is able to deliver code to production as quickly and reliably as possible, while providing simple, repeatable processes for deployment and monitoring. You will also ensure system reliability, including developing and monitoring health checking and optimization software to improve resource utilization, cost, security and system uptime.
What you’ll do:
- Be a player-coach to drive change across Placed Engineering where needed
- Be primary contact for external teams to Placed into Placed Engineering, including AWS Technical Reps and Support, Security and Penetration Test teams, Legal and Contract teams for third party services
- Build systems to monitor and ensure best practices in production systems, including security and reliability
- Optimize the time from code commit to deployment by speeding up build processes
- Be responsible for the overall health and efficiency of our production infrastructure. This includes ensuring that our systems scale smoothly under load and identifying underutilized resources
- Own our system rollout and configuration, including being the primary owner of our Chef and Instance/AMI rollouts on a regular basis
- Develop, maintain, and expand our code test, release, and deployment platform
- Support cross-functional engineering teams as an infrastructure and technology expert by providing guidance and mentorship to ensure best practices are followed
- Lead and/or manage, directly and dotted-line, other resources as appropriate to accomplish above goals
- Perform system audits and monitoring of compliance obligations
- Own upgrading and maintenance of shared systems:
- Internal: Jenkins, Graphite, Grafana, etc
- External: Sendgrid, Twilio, Bitrise, etc
- Shared: as provided by other internal engineering teams
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in a related field
- 8+ years’ experience working on test and deployment automation
- Strong skills with Java, Ruby, Bash and Python
- Experience across the AWS Ecosystem, including EC2, EMR and S3
- Experience with GCP is a bonus
- Experience with Chef is a bonus
- Experience leading teams of engineers focused on operational excellence
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Learning Partner – Pharmaceutical Sciences (Cambridge, MA - Durham, NC)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States