Development Manager, Original Shows
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Development Manager to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Content team, you'll collaborate with the Original Shows team in our Los Angeles, CA headquarters to oversee the development and production of scripted and unscripted programming.
What you'll do:
- Oversee development and production for scripted and unscripted programming — from pitch to pilot
- Collaborate with senior management to develop and implement Snapchat’s Original
- Content strategy
- Represent Snapchat’s shows by acting as the main point of contact to external creative partners during each show’s development phase
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with writers, agents, producers, directors, actors, authors, filmmakers, and playwrights
- Collaborate with and educate external production and media partners
- Read and/or review treatments, scripts, pilots, rough cuts, and final cuts
- Generate ideas for new shows and field pitches from outside producers
- Manage a Development Associate(s)
- 7-10 years TV or digital video development experience who has successfully launched several shows
- 5+ years experience managing teams
- An experienced creative with exceptional editorial judgment and deep industry rolodexes
- Experience developing at least two of the following types of programming (either scripted or unscripted): entertainment, lifestyle, music, sports, comedy, horror, news, or science
- A leader with a defined and focused creative vision, as well as strong organizational skills
- A strong communicator who works well under pressure
- An innovative thinker / idea generator who’s skilled at development
- A passionate Snapchatter!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!