Senior Counsel, Employment
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Counsel to join Snap Inc! Working with our Employment Legal team, you’ll provide strategic advice and legal counsel regarding employment law issues globally. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you will partner closely with other employment attorneys and cross-functional partners colleagues across the globe.
What you’ll do:
- Provide employment law counseling, advice, and day-to-day support for the People Team globally
- Develop and implement employment policies (including hiring practices, performance management, employee relations, internal investigations, terminations, leaves of absence, accommodations, wage and hour, compensation, and benefits) to ensure best practices and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including the Legal and Executive teams, to provide strategic, business-oriented employment law guidance for successful execution of company initiatives
- Collaborate with the People team to generate and implement training on HR and employment law topics
- Provide legal guidelines and support regarding the company’s contingent workforce and agency workers
- Investigate and respond to federal and state administrative complaints (including EEOC and local agency charges)
- Manage litigation related to employment matters
- Support merger and acquisition transactions and related integration of employees
- Draft and revise employment-related agreements (including offer letters, confidentiality and intellectual property agreements, and separation agreements), and train HR on usage of appropriate templates
- J.D. from a nationally recognized law school
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- 8+ years of experience practicing California and federal employment law
- 6+ years experience employment counseling and litigation experience
- Prior law firm experience as well as in-house experience at a U.S. multinational company
- Global employment law experience strongly preferred
- M&A experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and analytical skills with demonstrated strategic thinking and risk analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business judgment with a commitment to teamwork, integrity, and collegiality
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to approach legal challenges with an entrepreneurial mindset
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!