Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We are looking for a Director of Facilities to join Snap Inc! This person will lead a global team of both internal and external resources on a relentless mission to ensure that our workplaces always adhere to the highest standards, and that the needs of every team at Snap are constantly met. The ideal candidate has deep experience managing facilities at large scale, and is expert at all requisite components of this job - from design, construction and build, to maintenance, to staffing, to emergency preparedness, to ongoing cost optimization. The Director of Facilities works collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders to enhance the many aspects of our workplace environment. This position also works closely with the senior leaders of our finance and operations team in order to provide accurate and essential visibility to the financial impacts of every aspect of our facilities. The ideal candidate works well under pressure, maintains calm despite competing exigencies, and has a demonstrated track of leadership excellence.
At Snapchat, we provide fun, creative, and comfortable environments for our teams around the world. Every day our app reaches millions of users, and aims to change the way people communicate. Our facilities reflect the unique culture of Snap, inspire productivity, and promote collaboration. As our company grows, so does the complexity of our facilities operations. We are in a constant process of refining our workplace services to adapt to the changing needs of our company. We have offices throughout the globe, and we guide to this north star: delivering a consistent, great workplace experience for all our employees.
What you'll do:
- Optimize cost over life-cycle of assets. Own the building process from origination to ongoing multi-year tenancy
- Develop, deploy and implement common tools for forecasting, spending, and reporting project finances
- Collaborate successfully with Security, Information Technology and Real Estate groups to deliver cohesive, consistent standards in all our locations
- Develop and provide detailed, accurate budgets for each aspect of the operating costs associated with facilities
- Identify and implement cost-savings related to ongoing maintenance of our facilities
- Lead the direction of external vendors who work with us to manage facilities
- Develop contracting strategies in collaboration with our Procurement teams
- Be a voice that advocates tirelessly for great workplace experiences for Snap employees
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker with a desire to make high impact
- Provide input and help to manage our workplace health and safety programs and emergency preparedness protocols
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to optimize the portfolio and effectively plan for future needs
- 10+ years professional experience in facilities or other relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, facilities management, engineering, construction management, or another related area of study
- Demonstrated experience leading a global team at scale and managing facilities with an eye to driving efficiency and reducing cost
- A well-rounded businessperson who partners effectively, delivers consistently, and earns respect from the full range of personnel - from Contract Workers to Senior Leadership
- Deep knowledge of and experience working with a diverse group of service providers.
- Expertise in all areas of facilities management - including utility management and monitoring systems, maintenance optimization, and other factors that impact enterprise-wide
- A reputation for driving efficiency and cost-reduction across a global organization
- Great communication skills - written, presentations, on-site meetings
- Strong focus on metrics and results, coupled with a kind, understanding, and compassionate approach to needs of Snap personnel
- Well-established reputation for getting things done - excellent industry knowledge, relationships and understanding of how to achieve desired outcomes
- An excellent ability to instill and inspire excellence in the teams you lead
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!