Assistant Story Editor (Part-Time)
Snap Inc., London, UK
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Part-Time Assistant Story Editor to join Team Snapchat! You will play a key role in helping Our Story editors find, shape, and polish content. Working from our London, UK office, you’ll collaborate with our talented editors and producers to reach millions of active Snapchatters every day.
What you'll do:
- Work a maximum of 30 hours hours per week alongside Our Story editors to find the best submitted Snaps to include in Our Stories
- Evaluate Snaps according to moderation guidelines
- Assist Our Story editors with graphics and copy
- Research events, holidays, festivals, and locations that we cover
- Assist with translations
- Pitch and develop ideas for new Our Stories and series
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in video editing and/or journalism
- Fluent in English and French
- Flexible schedule, including night and weekend hours
- Passion for Snapchat and Our Stories
- Highly motivated team player
- Great research and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong eye for proofreading, spelling, and grammar
- Up to date on current events and popular trends
- Great problem-solving skills and a solution-oriented mindset
- Basic knowledge of Illustrator and After Effects (not necessary but helpful)
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!