Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Snap Inc! Working closely alongside the Engineering, Product Design, and Product Management teams, you will create inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Product, Finance, and Engineering teams, and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning to create and scale insights
- Create and test hypotheses
- Build models to understand how Snapchatters interact with Snapchat, and predict the effect of business decisions
- Report insights via visualization and dashboards
- Help the Business and Engineering teams make decisions based on data
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in product-oriented quantitative analysis and data science, preferably at a social media and/or mobile technology company
- BA or MA degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field — PhD is a plus
- Someone with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying languages
- Experience with programming languages such as Python
- Experience with analytical packages such as SciPy or R
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior-level audiences
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Associate Instructor, Data Scientist
Senior Data Analyst, Seller Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Strategic Business Analyst
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Analista de Departamento Pessoal Sênior
Integration Analyst (Contract)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Research
Netflix, Los Gatos, California