Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an Interactive Engineer to join team Snapchat! Working closely with the Camera Platform team, you will play a vital role in shaping Snap’s development of new and innovative content experiences. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with other developers and designers to create breakthrough interactive experiences for millions of Snapchatters around the world.
What you'll do:
- Conceptualize and design new mobile interactive experiences centered around the camera
- Own the development of new interactive experiences from prototype to product release
- Collaborate with Creative and Engineering teams to make the most fun, surprising, and stable products possible
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing real-time interactive experiences
- Expertise in designing, prototyping, and programming with real-time 3D engines, including but not limited to Unity, Unreal, OpenFrameworks, Processing, and WebGL/OpenGL
- Fluency with 3D packages like Maya, 3ds Max, or Cinema4D
- Ability to create your own 3D assets is a plus
- Standout creative portfolio
- Proven track record of shipping premium consumer product experiences in games, advertising, or other related channels
- A passion for creating interactive experiences that are fun, delightful, and allow Snapchatters to communicate and express themselves in new ways
- A great communicator, self-starter, collaborator, and team player
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Full Stack Mobile (iOS/Android) Developer
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Co-op, Software Engineering Intern
XO Group, New York
Venmo, New York
Staff Technical Program Manager - QA Engineering
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Lead - Privacy