IT Applications Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an IT Applications Engineer to join Snap Inc! You will primarily be responsible for administration, configuration, development, and support of Snap Inc. business applications — largely NetSuite OneWorld and our suite of finance applications.
You should have a thorough understanding of the team’s overall goals and be comfortable collaborating with key stakeholders for various projects and tasks. You should also have an excellent development background, analytical skills, customer-facing skills, a solid grasp of finance apps, and have hands-on experience with implementing NetSuite at medium- to large-scale customer installations.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and manage NetSuite daily
- Perform technical and system administration tasks such as integrating data with multiple systems: CRM, Concur, Blackline, and other financial planning tools
- Functional and technical requirements, system configuration, data integrity, and all system-related policies and procedures
- Provide front-line support regarding all aspects of NetSuite and data maintenance
- Be the single point of contact for all technical activities regarding NetSuite-related initiatives
- Perform and take the lead designing, developing, and documenting software Evaluate third-party software products for integration with various Snap Inc. applications
- Plan, review, and customize NetSuite as needed to meet needs of the team
- Manage system adoption and satisfaction, including training users on the NetSuite application relevant to their jobs, and provide support to users and maintain proper system access.
- Monitor end-user usage of various systems and benchmark performance
- Perform daily administrative and support tasks
- Maintain and date systems documentation
- Perform regular data audits and resolve data integrity issues
- Develop and test functionality and rollout of customizations, custom objects, new enhancements, application releases, and system integration based on user/business needs
- Document and follow formal policies, procedures, and protocols for changes, customization, standards, usage, etc.
What we’re looking for
- A detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Purchasing Management (Purchasing and Fulfilment), and Support (Case Management)
- Exposure to other Accounting, Sales Force Management, and Marketing business practices such as Expense Tracking, Multi-currency, Returns, etc.
- Experience with software in a ‘Software as a Service’ (SaaS) environment
- Experience with application integration layering and customization in Netsuite SuiteCloud development platforms like SuiteBuilder, SuiteScript, SuiteFlows, SuiteAnalytics, and SuiteTalk
- A Netsuite Certified SuiteCloud developer and Netsuite Certified Administrator is preferred
- Experience in customizing IPaas platforms like Boomi, Mulesoft, and other middleware technologies
- Someone with a technical background,and hands-on experience with systems architecture, object-oriented design, web frameworks, and patterns
- Someone who has hands-on experience with XML/XSL and Web Services (UDDI, SOAP, WSDL)
- A four-year college degree in a relevant discipline (MIS, IT business/computer science)
- 2+ experience with relational databases, SQL development, data integration, and data analysis
- Someone who can balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Quality Engineer Lead
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Cloud Systems Developer Lead
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Software QA Automation Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (Core Platform Services)
Senior Android Engineer (Seattle)
Lyft, Seattle, WA