Learning & Development Specialist
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Learning & Development Specialist to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Learning & Org Effectiveness Manager, you will play a key role in creating and fostering Snap Inc.’s learning culture. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll develop exciting blended learning programs and development experiences to support our employees’ growth as Snap Inc. grows!
What you’ll do:
- Research, design, and develop impactful and exciting instructor-led, virtual, and experiential learning offerings that appeal to team members
- Create impactful and meaningful lessons that help employees develop their technical, professional, and leadership skills
- Facilitate engaging, instructor-led courses that get employees excited!
- Handle different-sized classrooms, various learning styles, and different levels of engagement among learners
- Create compelling internal communications that encourage employees to engage in our development programs
- Conduct formal and informal needs assessments to inform program design
- Review and continually improve existing development programs which keep up with Snap Inc.’s growing business
- Create reinforcement mechanisms to embed learning
- Measure the success and return on investment of development programs
- Support the Learning Management System (LMS) to provide global employees with access to learning and development courses
- Strategically maximize LMS capabilities, and continuously refresh development content
- Support onboarding programs stretching beyond New Hire Orientation, to get our new Snap team members up to speed!
- Build development-related programs as needed by the organization (e.g. coaching, mentoring, etc.)
- Support performance management processes by teaching the organization about our performance management philosophy and the relevant systems that support them
- Manage the overall L&D vendor relationships (building and maintaining relationships, screening, payment, etc.)
- Model and reinforce our cultural values of being kind, smart, and creative
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Human Resources, OD, Communications, or related field preferred
- 5+ years experience in a Learning & Development role with proven success in learning programs, development initiatives, learning facilitation and reinforcement, systems aptitude, performance management, and employee communications
- Course content creation experience; including using systems to design relevant learning materials
- A desire to roll up your sleeves and dig into something new and different everyday — adaptability is key!
- Excellent interpersonal skills and intuition
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Google Docs
- Ability to prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- A detail-oriented individual with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Manager
Dataminr, Washington DC; New York
Corporate Recruiting and Sourcing Coordinator
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Program Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Technical Sourcer (Contract-to-Hire)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Technical Sourcer (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco
Evernote, Redwood City, CA