Friending Backend Software Engineering Manager
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineering Manager to join Snap Inc! Working from our Seattle, WA office, you will be tasked with solving interesting technical challenges such as architecting and deploying infrastructure to handle our scale, designing a slick and secure mobile client, and maintaining software used by millions every day.
What you'll do:
- Building compelling products to help users connect with those they care about
- Setting the technical direction of the team
- Ensuring operational excellence of our infrastructure
- Defining clear success metrics for the team
- Growing the careers of the engineers on the team
- Communicating and staying up to date with HQ in Venice
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ Experienced software engineering managers
- 5+ Experience with infrastructure development and deployment
- Large scale distributed infrastructure design expertise
- Software development and design expertise
- Creative and adaptable product thinking
- Experience in building machine learning pipelines
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Front End Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Algorithm Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco
Rails Developer Intern
GitHub, San Francisco
Graduate Quality Analyst - Melbourne 2018
Research Programmer (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Lumosity, San Francisco