Research, New Ph.D. Grad/Post Doctorate
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for new Ph.D. graduates and researchers completing post-doctoral programs to join Snap Inc! Working closely with our Engineering team, you will solve interesting technical challenges such as designing techniques to enhance products, deploying algorithms to handle our scale, and improving the experience on Snapchat for millions of people every day.
Beyond the application and interviews, Research Scientist candidates should prepare to provide detailed supporting materials including a research statement, biography, and a 60-minute presentation during the evaluation process. Academic and industrial references should accompany a detailed curriculum vitae.
What you'll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art approaches to impact products
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
- Collaborate and work with the Research team and others to make important product decisions
What we're looking for:
- PhD in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Efficient and scalable algorithm design and problem solving skills
- A highly innovative, motivated, and self-directed researcher
- Experience with projects that could potentially impact our products
- Ability to perform research that is justified and guided by business opportunities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Successful record of publication in top-tier international research venues
- An individual who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone with a collaborative, positive, and team-oriented mindset
- Hands-on experience and fast prototyping skills
- Demonstrated ability in both research and development
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Squarespace, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
Bonobos, New York, NY
Analista de Negócios Sênior / Senior Business Analyst
Wish, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Quora, Mountain View, CA