Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the International Accounting team, you will manage the overall activities of our UK business which houses our core product and Spectacles in Europe. Working from our London, UK office, you’ll collaborate with finance professionals and business partners through the company to ensure that our accounts are reconciled and coded appropriately.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the UK business
- Perform month end journals and associated reconciliations by working with different areas of the business to ensure all costs are accounted for in the correct period
- Ensure all costs in the P&L are coded to the correct line of business and correct account for US Gaap and local Gaap reporting
- Support the Spectacles business, which include reconciling the inventory accounts and managing and responding to inventory related inquiries
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for all areas assigned
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and periodic internal audits
- Aid with the compliance/statutory reporting of the UK business such as the UK Statutory audit, VAT returns (both produced by an external party), and EC Sales List
- Generate reports to support and improve the operational excellence of the Functional Accounting team
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookUp’s, etc.
- Strong Accounting knowledge with an understanding in US GAAP
- Big 4 and or private/startup company experience (both preferred)
- Able to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills, and superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Copyright and Content Protection Coordinator
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Associate General Counsel - Privacy/Security/Transactions
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Commercial Contracts Counsel
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Credit & Collections Analyst
Pinterest, San Francisco
Internal Audit Manager - Business
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Wish, San Francisco, United States