Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join Snap Inc! Snap’s Broadcast team in London wants to help our users find the content they love. Whether it’s Stories from their friends, snaps about local and national events, or articles from our media partners, the team make sure it’s engaging, relevant and up-to-date. The team builds awesome end-to-end experiences by delivering news and entertainment content to millions of Snapchat users. We also build the tools that allow publishers to create this content. Technical curiosity and a spirit of invention are major keys to success in our space.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Proven experience in software engineering
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- Experience with mobile apps and/or databases
- Someone who can collaborate and work well with others
- Experience working with distributed systems preferred
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!