Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Android Software Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of Snapchatters use every day.
What you'll do:
- Create unique, fun, and engaging user experiences by pushing the limits of mobile devices
- Build smooth, stable, and creative products
- Develop new features from design conceptualization through implementation and launch
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Collaborate with design to develop the best UI and infrastructure practices
- Perform thorough code reviews to guarantee code quality
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in developing mobile applications
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years worth of experience)
- Strong CS fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven expertise in both Java and Android
- Experience with Android NDK, JNI, C, and/or C++
- Experience with OpenGL ES 2.0
- Experience working with the Android camera and camera image processing
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Data Science Lead, Analytics - Education
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Senior Machine Learning Scientist - Streaming Client
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Principal Consultant- Application Development
Future Test/QA Openings
Bungie, Bellevue, WA
SharePoint Online Designer/Developer
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India