Software Engineer, C++
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll help build various tools and applications across various platforms and environments. You’ll produce quality code and offer high-level input on the design and implementation of new products.
What you'll do:
- Develop architecture for real-time processing framework
- Code new internal and external products and tools
- Carry out code reviews and ensure consistent code quality, while also iterating quickly
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable digital products
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or another related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- Exceptional C++ coding skills
- Experience working with OpenGL or other graphical API
- Experience with Java and/or Objective-C
- Experience working with both iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Experience with image processing
- Experience in computer vision is a plus
- Knowledge of Git VCS
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A sense of curiosity, a thirst for knowledge, and an interest in helping others
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Security Engineer
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Application Backend
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Manager of Information Security and Compliance
Venmo, New York
Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Taiwan
Fitbit, Taiwan - Remote
The Linux Foundation, Remote
Senior Quality Engineer- Android Automation
Fitbit, US - San Francisco or Boston