Software Engineer, Infrastructure
Snap Inc., Sydney, AU
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Engineering team in our Sydney, Australia office, you will be solving challenging technical problems to make sure that our live streaming infrastructure can scale and that the latencies are limited only by the speed of light.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, implement, and deploy infrastructure projects
- Define operational strategy and best practices
- Work with other engineers to ensure that availability SLAs are met
- Partner with key product owners, customers, and Engineering leadership to identify correct priorities of development
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who loves to learn and is passionate about helping others
- Experience in one of following: Python, Enterprise Java, C++
- Experience in working with distributed, stateful services is a plus!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!