Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Research Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Camera Platform team, you will collaborate with engineers and designers to create exciting products and breakthrough interactive experiences for millions of Snapchatters around the world by applying machine learning in new ways.
What you’ll do:
- Create impactful and innovative technology based on machine learning
- Write production software used by millions of Snapchatters
- Learn new techniques and stay on the cutting edge
- Introduce major innovations that can lead to new product features or new areas of business
- Work closely with other Snap teams to explore and prototype new product features
What we’re looking for:
- Master's degree or PhD in a technical field such as computer science (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of applied machine learning experience
- A passion for machine learning; you stay up-to-date with research and are excited about prototyping new ideas quickly
- Experience with deep learning for computer vision such as convolutional neural networks, generative adversarial networks, and style transfer
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch)
- Strong software engineering skills (including C++ and Python)
- Outstanding math skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Nice to have: examples of your work such as open source projects, blog posts, Kaggle contests, etc.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Quartzy, Quartzy HQ
Sr. Software Engineer (C#.net, C++, TCP/IP)
thredUP, San Leandro, CA
Livestream, Bengaluru, Karnataka
Software Engineer - DevOps (Frontend) - Contract
PlayStation, Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Senior Software Engineer, Services
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA