Software Engineer in Test Automation, Bitmoji
Snap Inc., Toronto, ON
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Bitmoji has transformed how people chat by giving everyone their own personal set of emojis. Each bitmoji features a personalized avatar on a custom handmade graphic, letting people communicate in ways that words alone could never capture.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer in Test Automation to join Team Bitmoji! Working from our Toronto office, you’ll be collaborating closely with the Bitmoji Engineering team. You will help create and maintain great experiences for millions of Bitmoji users around the world. We're looking for someone who can work under minimal supervision, define test procedures, define and build automation frameworks, and collaborate closely with Developers, Designers, Customer Support, and Engineering Leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Lead QA for feature and product teams
- Build Automation Frameworks and work with engineers, ensuring they create most of their own tests and adopt your frameworks
- Leverage and bring existing test frameworks inside of Snap and other external platforms to the relevant Bitmoji teams and projects
- Collaborate with the larger test organization at Snap/Bitmoji
- Test app performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility
- Participate in release processes for the entire company
- Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with Engineering/Design
- Test plan and assist in automation of test cases
- Work closely with Customer Support and other internal teams to document bugs
- Provide technical support to internal team members
- Host and manage internal company test sessions and dogfooding
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or any related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years experience building software automation software solutions
- Experience in at least one major language
- Experience building test automation for large distributed systems and mobile platforms (iOS & Android)
- Experience working in a distributed product-team environment
- A good understanding of software product life-cycles
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Someone who can work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Hands-on experience testing applications for a variety of smartphones and tablets
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent communications written and verbal
- Experience with agile test tools and methodologies
- Experience in managing Google Play Store and iOS App Store Releases
- Someone who can handle flexible work-hours: full-time, weekends, and late nights as needed
- Passion for mobile, especially applications on phones and tablets
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!