Technical Program Manager
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you will join the Core Engineering team to work on our flagship product. You will use your understanding of research and engineering to coordinate complex, cross-functional product development efforts. You’ll need to recognize technical and scheduling risks, understand product and organizational capabilities, and drive scheduled completion. The Technical Program Manager will be a member of the Engineering team, who will drive one or more related projects by coordinating between Engineering, QA, and Design teams in order to ship new features and improvements to our product.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate, plan, execute, and close on various existing projects within the Snapchat product by working closely within the engineering organization and with stakeholders outside the engineering team
- Efficiently track schedules for your projects, ensuring technology quality, and on-time delivery
- Identify ways to improve efficiency of our processes via documentation, process development, and automation
- Develop a realistic picture of the project’s technological scope and progress, and serve as the point of contact within your team, as well as to external stakeholders
- Use your knowledge of software development capabilities to judge and resolve blocking issues
- Develop relationships, promote awareness of your project, and educate developers on adherence to best practices
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field/equivalent experience
- 4+ years of industry experience as a technical program manager or in project management
- Experience with program management in a consumer software product setting
- A solid foundation in software development lifecycle practices, project management techniques, and technology capabilities of mobile platforms
- Demonstrated ability to solve tasks through automation, such as experience in some high-level scripting language
- Great written and verbal technical communication skills, and impeccable attention to detail
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Provo
Edge Data Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer (Elixir)
Weedmaps, Denver, Colorado, United States
CDN Reliability Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Evening Technical Support Representative
Braintree Payments, Chicago