Counsel, Media & Technology - Hardware & Technology Transactions
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We're looking for a Counsel, Media & Technology to join the Snap Legal Team! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, as well as advising on legal issues spanning the breadth of Snap Inc.’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements related to the Snapchat mobile application (such as arrangements for content licensing, third party integrations, and infrastructure) and Spectacles (such as arrangements for supply chain, distribution, purchasing, development, software licensing, logistics, and marketing)
- Work closely with teams throughout the company, including R&D, Engineering, Strategy, Global Supply Chain, and Marketing
- Coordinate with colleagues on the Legal team to investigate and understand product compliance and regulatory issues
- Collaborate with outside counsel, when necessary
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Develop forms and playbooks to standardize Snap’s engagements with suppliers and technology partners
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- 8+ years of experience practicing law related to technology transactions, including at least 4 years in-house at one or more top technology companies
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising clients on transactions with multinational suppliers, systems integrators, and licensors
- Understanding of global supply chain and retail distribution channels
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, negotiation, and drafting skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- A detail-oriented and business-friendly team player
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Someone who can communicate effectively across all levels of the organization without taking themselves too seriously
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Analyst - TAX
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
Financial Accountant / Bilanzbuchhalter (m/w)
Senior IP & Marketing Paralegal
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Director of Internal Audit
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA
Director, Content Accounting
Netflix, Los Angeles, California