Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Accounting Manager to join our team at Snap Inc! Working closely with the International Accounting team, you will manage the activities of our Ukraine and Latvia businesses. This team specializes in facial tracking and modification technologies for real-time video communication. Working from our Odessa, Ukraine office, you’ll collaborate with finance professionals and business partners through the company to ensure that our accounts are reconciled and coded appropriately.
What you’ll do:
- Process all invoices in accordance with local and company policy
- Prepare monthly management accounts for our Ukraine and Latvia locations
- Perform month end journals and associated reconciliations by working with different areas of the business to ensure all costs are accounted for in the correct period
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for all areas assigned
- Optimize processes and procedures for scalability
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and periodic internal audits
- Aid with the compliance/statutory reporting of the Ukraine and Latvian businesses
- Work with our external partner to ensure compliance with local GAAP
- Generate reports to support and improve the operational excellence of the Functional Accounting team
- Identify accounting issues and help evaluate the appropriate changes needed
- Ensure technical accounting issues are properly identified and accounted for in accordance with GAAP
- Play key role in building accounting team and infrastructure to support the company’s rapid growth environment
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- BS in Accounting and CPA or equivalent
- 6+ years relevant accounting experience, Big 4 experience and industry experience preferred
- Must be able to speak and converse in English
- Technically sound with solid accounting and reporting, including tax, closing the books, year-end and compliance (US GAAP + SOX)
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline driven environment and ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Leadership experience built with a consistent career of excellence and achievement in both the workplace and academic environment
- Ability to execute well and flourish in an entrepreneurial environment while working across a dynamic organization
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Finance Associate
Bonobos, New York, NY
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Counsel, Media & Technology - Hardware & Technology Transactions
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Marketing Planning & Analysis Associate - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Indiegogo, San Francisco