QA Engineer, Automation
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate closely with Developers, Designers, Customer Support, and Engineering leadership to help create and maintain great mobile experiences for millions of Snapchatters around the world.
What you'll do:
- Provide automated testing and quality assessment for our Feature and Product teams
- Define testing procedures
- Research, conceptualize, and drive the implementation of new test automation strategies
- Test app performance, functionality, and hardware/software compatibility
- Participate cross-functionally in the feature release process
- Create automated tests for various Snapchat features
- Help expand our automation framework functionality and maintain its stability
- Investigate and fix automation failures, as needed
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in automated testing for both iOS and Android applications
- Experience working in a distributed product team environment
- Experience with Agile test tools and methodologies
- Deep knowledge of photo and video technologies in both Objective-C and Java
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks, such as Selenium, Cucumber, and Calabash
- Hands-on experience testing applications for a variety of smartphones and tablets
- A deep knowledge of software product lifecycles
- Ability to isolate defects and provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Someone who can work with a flexible schedule such as full-time, weekends, and late nights, as needed
- Someone who can operate independently with minimal supervision
- A passion for Snapchat, mobile technology, and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Postmates, San Francisco
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Information Security Engineer
Software QA Automation Engineer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer - Partner Devices
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
IT Infrastructure Builds Technician
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA