Placed Inc., a new division of Snap Inc., is the leader in location analytics. By directly measuring locations through smartphones and leveraging big data principles, Placed is able to index the real-world paths and behaviors of consumers.
We’re looking for a Product Counsel to join Placed Inc., a division of Snap Inc! Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll delve deep into the engineering and design space at one of the world’s most exciting tech companies to guide the development of new products and technologies. You are collaborative, quick, creative, and an issue-spotter extraordinaire. You’re able to review a design concept, flag legal issues, and loop in the right colleagues to assess them. Your ability to connect the dots across legal disciplines is critical, as you seek to understand a technology that didn’t exist yesterday and determine how it might be regulated. Your work plays a critical role in deciding what Snap Inc. will look like one, three, and five years into the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Design, and Content teams to understand and assess new products and technologies, from early development stages through launch
- Analyze potential legal risks and regulatory requirements applicable to new products and technologies; work with legal colleagues to ensure regulatory compliance
Who we’re looking for:
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Membership in at least one state bar (WA preferred)
- 7+ years of experience practicing law (in-house experience strongly preferred)
- Experience across a range of legal disciplines – privacy, IP, consumer protection, marketing law
- Ad tech experience highly desired
- Familiarity with the GDPR and other global privacy laws helpful
- A quick study who is comfortable having to master new areas of law and tech
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and drafting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the company on complex, multifaceted issues
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, team player, with an ability to think creatively and accommodate tight deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Head of Learning and Development
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Marketing Finance Operations - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Accounts Payable Specialist
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Director of Global Rewards
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
Coordinator, Legal Affairs, Original Film
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Product Legal Counsel, APAC
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore