Site Reliability Engineer
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Infrastructure Team, you will help design and operate the next generation of Snap’s multi-cloud architecture. Working from our Seattle, WA office, you’ll collaborate across teams to engineer ways to improve Snapchat's reliability and scalability. You’ll build operational tools and deliver automation that will be used by SRE, as well as the rest of Snap engineering. You’ll participate in operations along with engineering team on-calls, helping to debug, improve, and optimize critical backend services. In addition to improving Snap’s services, this is also an opportunity to contribute to the overall culture and strategies around service operations and reliability here at Snap (incident response, post-mortems, trend analysis, availability standards).
What you’ll do:
- Design, operate, and improve our most critical services
- Work across teams to understand system requirements, evaluate trade-offs, and deliver the solutions needed to build reliable services
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and help Snap services scale to meet user demand
- Help make our team better by contributing to design and launch reviews for new services
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- Experience or proficiency in one of Java / Go / C++
- Experience operating large-scale distributed systems, microservice architectures, or multi-tenant systems
- Hands-on experience using AWS or Google Cloud services
- Experience with NoSQL storage solutions and Memcache/Redis
- Experience with Kubernetes, Envoy, and related software a plus
- Passionate about problem-solving with strong technical communication skills and desire to collaborate with others
- Interest in operational excellence, availability, and automating away manual tasks
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Backend Python Engineer
Zumper, San Francisco, CA
Software Development Engineer - Apple TV
Hotstar, Bangalore, Karnataka
Beam Solutions, San Francisco, CA
Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Experimentation Platform
Snap Inc., Mountain View, CA
Senior Front-End React Developer
Senior Software Engineer