Product Data Scientist
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA - Mountain View, CA - San Francisco, CA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Team Snap Inc.! Working closely alongside the engineering, product design and product management teams, you will enjoy creating inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems. Working from our Los Angeles, Mountain View, or San Francisco, CA offices, you’ll work to transform business questions into data analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Product and Engineering and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to create and scale insights
- Create testable hypotheses, then test them
- Effectively report your insights via visualization and dashboards that you create
- Help business and engineering partners make decisions based on data
- BA in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying language
- Strong statistical knowledge
- MA degree in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- Experience in a product-focused role at a social media and/or mobile technology company
- Experience with analytical packages such as SciPy or R
- Experience with data pipeline workflow monitoring and scheduling platforms (e.g., Airflow)
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience
- Machine learning skills
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit Snap Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Fullstack Engineer, Microservice Infrastructure (Identity & Security Foundation)
Box, Redwood City, CA