Software Engineer, Front End
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA - Mountain View, CA - Seattle, WA
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for Front End Engineers of various levels to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Engineering team, you will play a key role in building and shaping everything from Live Stories on the web to our ads website and more to come.
What you’ll do:
- Build scalable front end applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to ensure Snap Inc.’s web properties leverage the potential of existing systems and data
- Understand the needs of Snapchatters, publishers, and advertisers to deliver intuitive and interactive applications to support them
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Comfort building across the stack in Java or Python
- Experience with any of the following modern web frameworks: React, Angular, Ember, Backbone.js, Dojo, or Bootstrap
- A passion for front end design and/or web application development
- Experience developing consumer-facing software
- Experience developing software systems of medium-to-large scope and complexity
- Experience with ES6 is a plus
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!