Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Commercial Counsel to join Snap Inc! You’ll play a key role in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, as well as advising on legal issues spanning the breadth of Snap Inc.’s products and services in the EMEA region. Working from our London, UK office, you’ll collaborate with colleagues throughout the company to develop creative solutions that manage risk, with a focus on our digital advertising business.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements covering the full breadth of Snap Inc.’s commercial activities: advertising sales, ad tech, e-commerce, intellectual property and media content licensing, services, software development, NDAs, events agreements, and partner/vendor agreements
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed accurately and on time
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Assist in creating and improving agreements and templates for Snap Inc. as we develop new products and enter new international markets
- Exercise sound judgment when negotiating key business and legal terms
- Collaborate with outside counsel where necessary
- Handle projects at the discretion of the Associate General Counsel
What we’re looking for:
- A qualified, practising solicitor with excellent academic credentials
- 3+ years experience practicing law in-house or at a top-tier law firm (both preferred)
- 1+ years of In-house experience handling commercial transactions at an internet or technology company
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising clients on digital ad sales, ad tech and commercial contracts, consumer regulation, and data privacy issues, ideally involving multiple EMEA territories
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, negotiation and drafting skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- A detail-oriented and business-friendly team player who:
- communicates effectively with all levels of the organisation
- is able to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- has a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- can identify and resolve legal issues quickly
- A whip-smart individual who doesn’t take themselves too seriously!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!
Want to learn more about Snap Inc.? Visit https://www.snap.com/en-US/
Jobs You May Like
Legal Intern NY - Summer 2018
BuzzFeed, New York
Manager, Programmatic Marketing (Americas)
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Junior Group Accountant (m/f)
Global Head of Total Rewards
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Short-Term Accounts Payable Analyst
TEMP Staff Accountant
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA