Manager, Marketing Science
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for a Manager, Marketing Science to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Measurement and Insights team, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate data access and enable advanced analytics to identify best practices across Snap. Working from our New York, NY office, you will assess and connect disparate and disjointed 1st and 3rd party data sets to analyze complex business questions and discover enterprise-wide opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining, and visualization techniques.
What you’ll do
- Partner with cross-functional groups to conduct comprehensive data audits and craft access procedures
- Develop and maintain code using SQL to access and connect complex disparate 1st and 3rd party sources
- Leverage advanced analytical methods and data science techniques to access and analyze large datasets
- Develop scalable models/algorithms to uncover data-driven trends, patterns, and insights
- Translate advanced analytic results into insights, implications, and actionable recommendations
- Meet regularly with business partners to understand and anticipate needs; define approaches/prioritization
- Partner cross-functionally to align on necessary enhancements and improve enterprise data accessibility
- Develop and maintain methods to monitor ongoing changes and diagnose/resolve impacts on processes
- Establish and enforce best practices; advocate enterprise data strategies and direction
- Constantly monitor new developments, emerging tools/tech, and best practices in data analytics space
- Develop the team’s skills through training, coaching, mentoring
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS required in related quantitative field, secondary degree preferred
- 7 + years work experience, preferably data science, marketing analytics or similar roles
- Deep, broad, and current understanding of digital media and its ecosystem (including Snapchat!)
- Advanced analytical skills with proficiency in integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments, and communicating results
- Extensive experience with SQL is a must; proficiency in R, SAS, Python, Hadoop a plus
- Knowledge of database management systems, data warehousing, query languages, and report generators
- Familiarity with data visualization tools a plus (Tableau, SpotFire, etc.)
- Stamina as evidenced by a track record driving results in complex, matrixed, and uncertain environments
- Sense of urgency, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset; someone who is a self-starter with a proven track record for being people-driven, community focused, and results-oriented, with a bias for action
- Proven ability to develop, sell, and further data-driven best practices while promoting best-in-class ways of working cross-functionally to elevate the broader impact
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to educate and influence management and peers to act in the best interest of users, external clients, internal partners and shareholders through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!