Senior Marketing Science Analyst
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Creators of Snapchat, Spectacles, Bitmoji, and Zenly
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Science Analyst to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Measurement & Insights team, you will be tasked with supporting measurement teams by collaborating cross-functionally to facilitate data access and empower advanced analytics to identify best practices across Snap. Working from our New York, NY office, you will play an integral role in supporting Test & Learn initiatives, advanced advertiser analytics, and Snap’s Marketing Mix Partner Program.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Sales and Measurement teams, as well as advertisers and their measurement partners
- Harmonize, process, and streamline complex datasets to fuel internal and external marketing mix analyses
- Leverage deep experience with the latest media measurement practices, including cross-channel and attribution modeling, to quickly diagnose methods and ensure inputs align with best practices and desired outcomes
- Partner with Measurement to employ sophisticated analytic methods to support, conduct, or commission/oversee studies that help clients work through challenging marketing planning issues
- Ensure statistical models and deliverables are of high quality and meet the internal quality control guidelines
- Collaborate as part of a team to continuously evolve data quality and accessibility, leading to more streamlined processes, actionable analyses, informed decisions, and stronger performance
- Translate advanced analytic results into insights, implications, and actionable recommendations
- Meet regularly with business partners to understand and anticipate needs; define approaches and prioritization
- Partner cross-functionally to align on necessary enhancements and improve enterprise data accessibility
- Establish and enforce best practices; advocate enterprise data strategies and direction
- Constantly monitor new developments, emerging tools/tech, and best practices in the data analytics space
- Further the team’s skills through training, coaching, and mentoring
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS required in related quantitative field; secondary degree preferred
- 5+ years highly relevant work experience, preferably in data science or marketing analytics roles
- Deep, broad, and current understanding of MMM, as well as digital media and its ecosystem (including Snapchat!)
- A hybrid data scientist and management consultant with an emphasis on extensive MMM experience preferred
- Fluency with marketing mix providers, media planning processes, and syndicated data sources
- Proficiency with SQL, familiarity with R, SAS, Python and/or Hadoop a plus
- A proven track record for driving results in complex, matrixed, and uncertain environments
- Sense of urgency, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset; someone who is a self-starter who is people-driven, community focused, and results-oriented, with a bias for action
- Proven ability to develop, sell, and further data-driven best practices while promoting best in-class ways of working cross-functionally to elevate the broader impact
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to educate and influence management and peers to act in the best interest of users, external clients, internal partners and shareholders through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]
About Snap Inc.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. So far, we've created two products: Snapchat and Spectacles!