Lead/ Senior Software Engineer in Test
Social Tables, Washington, DC
We envision a world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
What you will be doing
- Be a close partner with engineering and product managers to develop valuable automated tests that cover core workflows and edge cases
- Develop tools to provide metrics, insights, and visualizations to evaluate test results and coverage
- Develop alerting and monitoring to provide insight to developers regarding failures or regressions
- Be a mentor to other members of the test automation team
What you will need in this position
- Has at least 5 years experience building automated tests for SaaS based products
- Has exceptional proven experience building automated test suites for SaaS products using Node.js, Python, or similar, and has a solid grasp of SQL.
- Proven Experience with Selenium, WebDriver, Cypress, Protractor/Cucumber, or related technologies
- Has proven experience with both manual UI testing and automating user interfaces for client-server applications
- Has experience in developing test infrastructure, test frameworks to automate testing of UIs, RESTful services, and libraries
- Has solid experience testing data consistency in data-intensive applications
- Takes Initiative: Someone who likes to work hands on and be self-directed in a fast-paced environment that gives you autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Strong Vision: Able to see beyond immediate specs, summarize requirements, and architect forward-looking solutions
- Collaborative: Capable of working in a cross-functional environment alongside your teammates
- Passion for quality: Excited about spending time to understand what we’re building and ensure we ship amazing products that users love.
- Peer leadership and influence: Have a passion for mentoring other team members and leading them to a unified vision
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science OR related Degree
About Social Tables
Founded and headquartered in Washington, DC in 2011 by Dan Berger, Social Tables is the award-winning event-management platform with the largest community of hospitality and meeting professionals. Looking back, we’re so grateful DC chose us. As the capital of hospitality, events are a key part of DC’s economy. It’s a major destination for citywide meetings, and world-class restaurants are opening their doors every week. Beyond potential partners for us, including top hotel management groups and a variety of incredible event venues, top tier event planning firms, and many associations, DC is also home to students from world-class universities, and a strong investment community -- all of which have helped us build Social Tables into the company it is today. From our homebase in the heart of Metro Center, every day we work to make event management easier with cloud-based hospitality software that helps properties and planners collaborate. We’re thrilled to have won many industry awards including “Innovator of the Year” from Catersource and Event Solutions, and “Best Industry Innovation” from ILEA. But even more importantly, we’re thrilled to support planners and properties around the world in achieving their goals. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re committed to developing new ways to leverage our massive event library using advances in machine learning to fuel growth in the hospitality industry. We believe meetings and events that strengthen human connection hold more importance than ever before. At a time when we’re distracted by digital devices, facing a barrage of new information competing for our attention, and have introduced technology that removes emotional intelligence from the equation, face-to-face events stand out as a place for genuine connection; a place for collaboration. Together, we will achieve great things.
Want to learn more about Social Tables? Visit Social Tables's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one