Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Social Tables, Washington, DC
We envision a world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
How you’ll spend your days:
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll use your advanced development and operations knowledge to identify and prioritize issues. Find universal solutions to common problems and mentor and support junior staff.
- Enlighten, enable and empower a fast-growing set of multi-disciplinary teams, across multiple applications and locations.
- Tackle complex development, automation and business process problems.
- Champion Social Tables and Cvent standards and best practices.
- Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of products.
- Work with the development and product team of a new application to establish the right monitoring and alerting strategy.
- Develop build, test and deployment automation that seamlessly targets multiple AWS regions.
- Help a dev team realize zero downtime deployments.
- Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects on https://github.com/socialtables/ and https://github.com/cvent
- Automate all the things!
What you will need in this position
- We believe that passion and willingness to learn outweigh any list of skills, however having experience in some of the areas below would help you hit the ground running and show that you can be successful as an SRE.
- CI Server administration and support CircleCI
- Configuration automation using Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Solid Linux administration skills.
- Working with APM, monitoring, and logging tools (New Relic, DataDog, Splunk)
- NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra)
- SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Message Queues (SQS, RabbitMQ).
- Scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Groovy, Bash
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technical field required
Technologies we use
- We use a wide variety of technologies and avoid getting locked into a single path. If we find something that works better than what we have, we always are open to trying it out. Here is a taste of the technologies you’ll get to work with.
- AWS (EC2 / ECS / Lambda / RDS / S3 / Route53 / DynamoDB)
- PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Kafka, CouchBase
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Terraform, CloudFormation
- New Relic
About Social Tables
Founded and headquartered in Washington, DC in 2011 by Dan Berger, Social Tables is the award-winning event-management platform with the largest community of hospitality and meeting professionals. Looking back, we’re so grateful DC chose us. As the capital of hospitality, events are a key part of DC’s economy. It’s a major destination for citywide meetings, and world-class restaurants are opening their doors every week. Beyond potential partners for us, including top hotel management groups and a variety of incredible event venues, top tier event planning firms, and many associations, DC is also home to students from world-class universities, and a strong investment community -- all of which have helped us build Social Tables into the company it is today. From our homebase in the heart of Metro Center, every day we work to make event management easier with cloud-based hospitality software that helps properties and planners collaborate. We’re thrilled to have won many industry awards including “Innovator of the Year” from Catersource and Event Solutions, and “Best Industry Innovation” from ILEA. But even more importantly, we’re thrilled to support planners and properties around the world in achieving their goals. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re committed to developing new ways to leverage our massive event library using advances in machine learning to fuel growth in the hospitality industry. We believe meetings and events that strengthen human connection hold more importance than ever before. At a time when we’re distracted by digital devices, facing a barrage of new information competing for our attention, and have introduced technology that removes emotional intelligence from the equation, face-to-face events stand out as a place for genuine connection; a place for collaboration. Together, we will achieve great things.
Want to learn more about Social Tables? Visit Social Tables's website.
The social news and entertainment company.