Senior Product Designer
Social Tables, Washington, DC
We envision a world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
Here's how you will spend your days
- Work with the Design Lead to grow as a design professional as you produce holistic solutions that anticipate the needs of users at a rapid pace
- Communicate your recommended solutions and work to balance constraints in the short-term to reach your vision for the user in the long-term
- Participate in the product discovery process with product management, business, and engineering teams.
- Facilitate multiple types of research, identify customer pain points, and ensure usability of new designs
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature.
- Collaborate with fellow designers to ensure consistency across products, embrace our UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns, and guidelines as well as contribute to our design system
- Work with your team of engineers to ensure technical feasibility of your ideas and accurate implementation of your designs
- Mentor and guide associate designers and their work
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage our team members to be their authentic selves at work.
What you will need in this position
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.5+ years or equivalent experience designing and shipping software products.
- Experience designing and shipping software products – SaaS products a plus, complex tools a major plus
- Ability to identify the most appropriate research methodology to validate and discover ideas, and effectively facilitate that research
- Ability to create and execute designs both from a blank slate and within existing work
- Ability and enthusiasm to communicate design decisions across the team and organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Must be very comfortable having frequent discussions with users, engineers, and executives, as well as writing clear and concise product copy using our UX writing guidelines.
- Eagerness to spend much of your day working collaboratively
About Social Tables
Founded and headquartered in Washington, DC in 2011 by Dan Berger, Social Tables is the award-winning event-management platform with the largest community of hospitality and meeting professionals. Looking back, we’re so grateful DC chose us. As the capital of hospitality, events are a key part of DC’s economy. It’s a major destination for citywide meetings, and world-class restaurants are opening their doors every week. Beyond potential partners for us, including top hotel management groups and a variety of incredible event venues, top tier event planning firms, and many associations, DC is also home to students from world-class universities, and a strong investment community -- all of which have helped us build Social Tables into the company it is today. From our homebase in the heart of Metro Center, every day we work to make event management easier with cloud-based hospitality software that helps properties and planners collaborate. We’re thrilled to have won many industry awards including “Innovator of the Year” from Catersource and Event Solutions, and “Best Industry Innovation” from ILEA. But even more importantly, we’re thrilled to support planners and properties around the world in achieving their goals. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re committed to developing new ways to leverage our massive event library using advances in machine learning to fuel growth in the hospitality industry. We believe meetings and events that strengthen human connection hold more importance than ever before. At a time when we’re distracted by digital devices, facing a barrage of new information competing for our attention, and have introduced technology that removes emotional intelligence from the equation, face-to-face events stand out as a place for genuine connection; a place for collaboration. Together, we will achieve great things.
Want to learn more about Social Tables? Visit Social Tables's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.