Manager/ Senior Manager, Engineering
Social Tables, Washington, DC
We envision a world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
Here's how you'll spend your days
- Manage a team of up to 10 individual contributor engineers, including Lead Engineers, Senior Engineers and entry level engineers
- Design technical, scalable solutions for the long term
- Manage multiple products and initiatives within their team
- Responsible for ensuring projects are delivered on time with quality solutions within their area of focus
- Make smart trade offs between short-term and long-term solutions that don’t sacrifice overall platform quality
- Responsible for performance of their team and allocation of their team
- Responsible for working with product, design, and the lead engineers to plan work for the engineers and ensure each engineer has clear goals/tasks
- Lead from the front and partner with your stakeholders towards a vision of innovation and execution
- Roll up your sleeves and pitch in when needed, whether it is design, architecture, product management, or developing roadmaps
- Empower the team to make decisions, and cultivate leaders
What you will need in this role
- Fresh ideas and new perspectives into managing
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Managed a team of at least 5 Engineers for over a year, ideally at a SaaS-based product company with over $5mm revenue
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Hands-on technical leadership, including application architecture design, code reviews, quality reviews, release responsibilities, production support, etc.
- Comfortable representing the business when speaking to customers or community members
Technologies we use
- We use Node.js on the server.
- We prefer Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps.
- We use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging.
- We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux.
- We use Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations.
- We build our browser assets with Webpack.
- We use MySQL and Postgres for our database storage.
- We use AWS for our infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda.
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud.
About Social Tables
Founded and headquartered in Washington, DC in 2011 by Dan Berger, Social Tables is the award-winning event-management platform with the largest community of hospitality and meeting professionals. Looking back, we’re so grateful DC chose us. As the capital of hospitality, events are a key part of DC’s economy. It’s a major destination for citywide meetings, and world-class restaurants are opening their doors every week. Beyond potential partners for us, including top hotel management groups and a variety of incredible event venues, top tier event planning firms, and many associations, DC is also home to students from world-class universities, and a strong investment community -- all of which have helped us build Social Tables into the company it is today. From our homebase in the heart of Metro Center, every day we work to make event management easier with cloud-based hospitality software that helps properties and planners collaborate. We’re thrilled to have won many industry awards including “Innovator of the Year” from Catersource and Event Solutions, and “Best Industry Innovation” from ILEA. But even more importantly, we’re thrilled to support planners and properties around the world in achieving their goals. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re committed to developing new ways to leverage our massive event library using advances in machine learning to fuel growth in the hospitality industry. We believe meetings and events that strengthen human connection hold more importance than ever before. At a time when we’re distracted by digital devices, facing a barrage of new information competing for our attention, and have introduced technology that removes emotional intelligence from the equation, face-to-face events stand out as a place for genuine connection; a place for collaboration. Together, we will achieve great things.
Want to learn more about Social Tables? Visit Social Tables's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.