Principal / Architect Software Engineer
Social Tables, Washington, DC
We envision a world where every face-to-face event achieves great things.
How you will be spending your time
- Responsible for upholding technical rigor for multiple teams
- Set and maintain standards
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
- Work closely with engineers on multiple teams to contribute to and develop our technology roadmap and architecture
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
What you will need in this position
- 10+ years of experience planning, building, and scaling high-quality SaaS products.
- Passion for writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
- Experience leading a team through mentoring and technical guidance.
- Comfort debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services.
- Ability to represent the business when speaking to customers or community members.
- Ability to identify and proactively communicate infrastructure, product features, and technology issues that cut across multiple products.
Technologies we use:
- We use Node.js on the server.
- We prefer Restify for APIs, GraphQL for web apps.
- We use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging.
- We use React on the browser, and when we need more complex state management on the browser, we use Redux.
- We use Three.js/WebGL for our 3D visualizations.
- We build our browser assets with Webpack.
- We use MySQL for our database storage.
- We use AWS for our infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda.
- We develop on our local machines, not in the cloud.
About Social Tables
Founded and headquartered in Washington, DC in 2011 by Dan Berger, Social Tables is the award-winning event-management platform with the largest community of hospitality and meeting professionals. Looking back, we’re so grateful DC chose us. As the capital of hospitality, events are a key part of DC’s economy. It’s a major destination for citywide meetings, and world-class restaurants are opening their doors every week. Beyond potential partners for us, including top hotel management groups and a variety of incredible event venues, top tier event planning firms, and many associations, DC is also home to students from world-class universities, and a strong investment community -- all of which have helped us build Social Tables into the company it is today. From our homebase in the heart of Metro Center, every day we work to make event management easier with cloud-based hospitality software that helps properties and planners collaborate. We’re thrilled to have won many industry awards including “Innovator of the Year” from Catersource and Event Solutions, and “Best Industry Innovation” from ILEA. But even more importantly, we’re thrilled to support planners and properties around the world in achieving their goals. And, we’re not stopping anytime soon. We’re committed to developing new ways to leverage our massive event library using advances in machine learning to fuel growth in the hospitality industry. We believe meetings and events that strengthen human connection hold more importance than ever before. At a time when we’re distracted by digital devices, facing a barrage of new information competing for our attention, and have introduced technology that removes emotional intelligence from the equation, face-to-face events stand out as a place for genuine connection; a place for collaboration. Together, we will achieve great things.
Want to learn more about Social Tables? Visit Social Tables's website.
391 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room