Softheon, Stony Brook, NY
Making healthcare affordable, accessible, and plentiful
Softheon is looking for several Software Engineers who can help in developing solid products to meet clients’ needs and improve end-user experience using new technologies such as microservices, single-page web applications, RESTful web APIs, and cloud infrastructure. In this role you will be responsible for defining plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products and the services utilized to deploy, test, and release these products. This position is perfect for an individual who has the ability to study and analyze problematic programming to design solutions for desired output.
UX/UI Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Develop and maintain existing user interfaces for web, native, and voice interaction./li>
- Help design meaningful and responsive user experiences.
- Stay abreast of emerging UI technologies.
- Create and update tools for building, testing and delivering new UI platforms.
BPM Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis, and trouble shooting of problem programs as designed innovative solutions to improve their efficiency
- Develop libraries of verification routines that can be leveraged across multiple products
- Develop highly scalable, multi-threaded, multi-tenant microservices that are capable of processing upwards of 1 million transactions.
- Create robust automated test suites to allow for continuous integration
Database Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Optimize current database schema and procedures to reduce wait-times and increase performance
- Develop processes for near-real time data retrieval for on-access reporting and live reporting dashboards.
- Provide data retrieval tools to facilitate business and operations teams
Testing Automation & Release Focus Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Exercise discipline in testing, writing technical documentation and automated tests
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structed test cases and test plans
- Discover and report problems using deductive reasoning and automation tools
- Create and update tools for continuous integration
- Knowledge of UML, SDLC, XML, and object-oriented programming
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Microsoft. .NET technologies
- Knowledge of SQL Server
- Familiarity with Scrum Development Methodology and other agile development methodologies
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented, agile development environment
- Must have a strong work ethic and commitment to constantly improving capacity to work effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with GPA of 3.5 or better
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals.
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our SoftheonSmarts right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution.
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon, we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people access health insurance. With over two decades of experience, we’ve designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In 2016, we successfully collaborated with health plans, brokers, employers, and governmental organizations in all 50 states to care for over 1.6M lives.
Want to learn more about Softheon? Visit Softheon's website.
391 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room