Product Designer - Lift (2018892)
Sonatype, Canada - Remote
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
About the role?
- Sonatype is seeking a product UX designer to translate business and technology needs into clean and customer-focused solutions. Product designers at Sonatype develop deep expertise in the product they specialize in designing for. You’ll be responsible for your work and solutions as you collaborate, research, design, and test in an agile environment. The solutions you contribute will be thoughtful, easy to use, inclusive, appropriately scaled, and display a high level of craft.
What you'll do?
- Deliver high-quality, innovative, and thoughtful designs that are customer centric, simple, and intuitive
- Work closely with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, and other business partners as needed to ensure your team builds the right things, at the right time, for the right customers
- Facilitate design problem solving with your product team
- Work with developers to ensure designs are implemented to high-quality standards
- Support and contribute to the success of the Sonatype Design Studio by participating in critiques with other designers and collaboratively improving our style guide and pattern library
- Mentor and assist junior designers and interns in your focus area
What you bring?
- Passion for UX, well-crafted products, and cross-team collaboration
- Transparency, authenticity, and empathy
- Experience in core areas of product design such as information architecture, UI design, user research, and interaction design
- Experience in building a wide range of experience design work, including wireframes, prototypes, design systems, journey maps, and high-fidelity mocks
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on projects
- Ability to communicate innovation and design concepts to stakeholders using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Ability to facilitate inceptions, brainstorms, user testing, and client feedback activities with users, clients, and team members
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the depth and breadth of your design and product experience
- Preferred: Experience working with enterprise software/developer tools, or technical background
Things we are proud of?
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.