Backend Engineer Data Team - 100% Remote - Canada
Sonatype, Canada - Remote
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
Required Experience & Skills
- Deep software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Currently reside in either Canada, Colombia, or the United States of America and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship in the corresponding country.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (i.e. Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Knowledge and experience with large scale data tools and techniques (i.e. MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Big Data services (i.e. EMR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
At Sonatype we have a long history of partnership with the world of open source software development. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we exist for one simple reason; to help accelerate software innovation. We draw great inspiration from the teachings of Edwards Deming; and we believe that modern organizations can build better applications, faster, for less when they embrace and apply the fundamentals of supply chain automation to their software development lifecycle. There is a staggering volume and variety of open source and third-party component parts flowing through every development environment in the world. If properly sourced and managed, these components are a tremendous source of energy for accelerating innovation. If not, they lead directly to security vulnerabilities, licensing risks, enormous rework, and waste. Today, we have assembled a world class team of employees, investors, and partners. With over 120,000 installations and counting, Nexus products are helping modern development organizations intelligently source, manage, assemble, and maintain open source and third-party components, so they can improve the quality, security, and speed of their software supply chains.