Senior Back End Java Engineer - 100% REMOTE
Sonatype, United States
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
Who you are and what you'll do:
- You'll work in one of our data processing teams to create and manage data pipelines.
- You'll work on products that continually ingest data from open-source software components, aggregate, and analyze it.
- You'll deliver data to our customers from which insights can be driven, and decisions can be made to use open-source software components.
- You'll monitor and observe our data ingesting pipelines in a production environment.
- You'll work with data engineers and full-stack developers to deliver the data to our customers.
What skills you'll need:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering, primarily in Java.
- You have knowledge and experience with large-scale data tools and techniques (ex: Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (ex: HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience working with queues and pipelines (ex: SNS, SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ...).
- You have knowledge and experience with big data cloud services (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure, ..).
- While these skills are essential, we would love to chat with you even if you do not have all of them.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.