Technical Writer - Developer Relations
Sonatype, US - Remote
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
- Works across Sonatype to discover, understand, articulate, and document key tech stories that will benefit our community
- Works with the Developer Relations DevZone Team to create a copy development process; leads the development of various content creation and review phases
- Manages the DevZone blog to make sure the content is targeted to appropriate audiences
- Ensures all content is aligned with Sonatype’s key developer messages, on-brand, search engine optimized, and aligned with the company's overall developer relations goals
- Manages and communicates content calendar and coordinates production timelines
What are we looking for
- Proven content writing, editing, and strategy experience, including hands-on CMS authoring experience
- Ability to write both technically and conversationally—varying the two based on a customer’s needs
- Experience writing for developers and information security professionals
- Ability to transform complex technical information into concise, easily digestible content for developers, security professionals, and leaders
- Strong project management skills with a natural ability to problem solve
- Naturally curious, investigative, and continuous experimenter
- Comfortable writing on a deadline
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.