Open Source Vulnerability Researcher - Remote UK - 2018804
Sonatype, UK - Remote
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
Key Areas of Focus
- Review, isolate, analyze, and reverse engineer vulnerabilities in open-source software
- Document attack capabilities
- Provide detection and remediation guidance
- Aid in ideas and prototypes for new tooling
- Collaborate with other team members toward shared product goals
- Improve Sonatype products by providing valuable security data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Currently reside in the UK - we are eager to find applicants based in any UK location, in particular Northern Ireland and who are legally entitled to work in this location without sponsorship.
Desired Background - nice to have
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of application security such as the OWASP Top 10 or Sans 25
- Knowledge of different languages such as Python, Ruby, and scripting
- Knowledge of different operating systems such as *NIX, Windows
- Application vulnerability assessment or penetration testing experience
- Knowledge of open-source environments like Github is a plus
Things that we are proud of
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Long term type of contract (contrato término indefinido)
- Flexible working hours 100% remote
- Fast learning
- Career plan
- Bonus for personal results
- Corporate results bonus.
- Additional vacation days (depending on time worked)
- Colombian holidays
- Opportunity to travel to the United States once a year for our Annual corporate meeting
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.