Regional Account Manager - Spain/Portugal/Italy
Sonatype, United Kingdom
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
What you'll do:
- Develop and close sales opportunities for Sonatype’s Nexus Repository, Nexus Firewall, Nexus Lifecycle, and Nexus Auditor products
- Effectively communicate Sonatype’s value proposition to increase sales and expand existing customer footprint
- Collaborate with field marketing to execute and deliver on 5-8 events per quarter to drive new prospects, progress existing opportunities, and incremental revenue from customers
- Deliver lead generation to Tier I and Tier II accounts through target account selling, outbound cold calling, and calling on marketing-generated and inbound leads
- Hit sales and activity targets in your plan to make sure you 100-day plan is ignited
- Manage pipeline including activity for sales opportunities within Sonatype’s CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- The creation and execution of a territory business plan focused on developing prospects, pro-active up and cross-sell campaigns, increasing market penetration and sales growth within your territory
- Owning the territory as a ‘business unit’ focusing on direct sales to end-users across multiple segments
- Actively work with and lead as a team member with an Sales Development Rep and a Pre-Sales engineer to build pipeline and close business
- Willing to attend MEDDIC and other sales professional skill-building development programs
- 5 + years of quota-carrying sales experience in enterprise software sales
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevSecOps and/or Open Source space a bonus
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about aggressively hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Must be a team player and comfortable selling software in a rapidly evolving, high growth, dynamic start-up environment
- Extraordinary people skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Hungry for success, consistent record of over achievement
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
- Native/Fluent in Italian, Spanish or Portuguese
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.