Senior Software Engineer - Java or Kotlin (100% Remote)
Sonatype, Canada - Remote
We created Nexus to accelerate software innovation
What you'll do
- You are a person who understands code quality and has a strong programming background.
- You are motivated to build advanced Software Composition Analysis (SCA) capabilities into Lift.
- You will be a member of the Sonatype Lift team.
- You will be working with product management, design, and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) functions within Sonatype.
What skills you'll need
- Minimum 5+ years of professional back-end programming experience. Java and Typescript are some of the technologies we use, a background in other programming languages is also relevant.
- Experience producing and/or consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab CI)Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus.
Things we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
The Sonatype journey started 10 years ago, just as the concept of “open source” software development was gaining steam. From our humble beginning as core contributors to Apache Maven, to supporting the world’s largest repository of open source components (Central), to distributing the world's most popular repository manager (Nexus), we’ve played a meaningful role in helping the world embrace the power of open innovation.
Over time, we witnessed the staggering volume and variety of open source libraries that began flowing into every development environment in the world.
Want to learn more about Sonatype? Visit Sonatype's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.