Technical Support Manager II
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
NOTE: This job is for Night Shifts Only.
SonicWall has been fighting the cybercriminal industry for over 26 years, defending small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from SonicWall Capture Labs and the formidable resources of over 26,000 loyal channel partners around the globe, our award-winning, real-time breach detection and prevention solutions secure more than a million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
This Technical Support Manager position is based in Bengaluru, India. The Manager will be managing a team of engineers supporting products with cutting edge Network Security technologies working and collaborating with the smartest engineers in the industry. The primary job function will be to manage the team of support engineers and ensure that the customer cases are resolved within the SLAs and delighting the customers with higher CSAT/NPS scores. Secondary function will be to work closely with the Sales, Escalations, R&D and Product Management teams and provide customer/supportability feedback to improve the product usability. Quality plays a key role in enhancing the customer experience.
Manage the support team and responsible for driving day to day support operations including shift operations, scheduling, training and ensuring adequate 24x7x365 support coverage.
- Responsible for all aspects of the support operations management including Hiring, Training and Professional Development of the support engineers and driving the customer escalations to a logical closure with higher CSAT/NPS scores
- Responsible for the development and implementation of KPIs, SLAs and operational metrics for the team and measurement of KPIs for the individual team members. Continuously explore to enhance the support services including case management, work flow to provide the best possible customer experience and higher customer satisfaction.
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instill a high-performance culture with focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Report operational metrics and ensure that the support team meets/exceeds KPIs and SLAs. Also analyze the performance metrics on a regular basis to determine the level of service being provided and enhance plans to meet and exceed existing service level goals.
- Review daily priorities and take appropriate action/s to ensure results are achieved in a timely manner meeting/exceeding the SLAs.
- Ensure that the support team members follow the standard operating procedures and best practices when handling customer service requests.
- Encourage open communication between team members/cross functional teams, suggesting and driving forward ideas about how the team can work more effectively together.
- Remain current of the new product developments and providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer services and support challenges.
- Liaison with the internal cross functional teams including Sales, Escalations, R&D, Product Management, Network operations and other service functions to resolve the customer issues.
- Cascade business objectives and targets to the team members.
- Provide input into the company customer success support strategy and execution.
- Organize and Facilitate regular training sessions for the support engineers at different levels for new products/technologies to enhance their technical competence to handle customer cases and escalations.
- 10+ Years of Technical Support/Customer escalations work experience in the computer networks/security/IT industry with a minimum of 5+ years in the Technical Support/Escalations Management/Lead role managing support operations and a team of 20+ support engineers.
- Proven work experience overseeing all aspects of the Technical Support management including staffing, shift operations, products, technology etc.,
- Expertise in developing/enhancing the key support metrics to measure the effectiveness of the team members, processes, operations with the goal of achieving higher employee satisfaction and customer CSAT/NPS scores.
- Experience in working productively with cross functional teams and creating/leading cross-functional programs to bring about greater operational efficiency.
- Progressive experience in managing 24x7x365 support operations and working with the broader teams based at different locations in APJ, North America and Europe
- Demonstrate a proven ability to plan, organize and lead in a dynamic work environment as well as possess strong communication, presentation and project management skills. This person should be self-driven with ability to multi-task on various projects and has aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree in engineering/Management preferred
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.