Software Dev Senior Engineer
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
SonicWall has been fighting the cybercriminal industry for over 26 years, defending small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from SonicWall Capture Labs and the formidable resources of over 26,000 loyal channel partners around the globe, our award-winning, real-time breach detection and prevention solutions secure more than a million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just a another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Deep Packet Inspection - Intrusion Prevention and Gateway Anti-Virus Software Engineer
SonicWall is commencing a new chapter in history with an exciting lineup of network security products, and we want the best people to be part of our team. We are in a dynamic phase operating as an independent private company after Francisco Partners, a leading global private equity firm, acquired SonicWall from Dell. The Software Engineering position provides challenging opportunities with a cohesive world-class team in our fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling work environment! The Deep Packet Inspection Software Engineering position is located in Milpitas, CA.
• Design and enhance SonicWall Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection engine
• Design and implement Intrusion Prevention and Gateway Anti-Virus features of SonicWall's next generation firewall
• Design and implement SonicOS Capture ATP (malware sandboxing) functionality
• Maintain and document code using source control system
• 4 - 8+ years of software development experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master's (preferred) in Computer Science/Engineering
• Experienced C/C++ programmer
• Solid background in TCP/IP networking a must with strong Layer 3 through Layer 7 protocol (HTTP, SMTP, POP, FTP, SSL, SSH) knowledge preferred
• Strong background in either Unix/Linux or VxWorks systems a must
• Experience with firewalls and embedded development environment preferred
• Knowledge of pattern matching or compression algorithms is a plus
• To be successful, you will need to be extremely organized; able to multi-task in a high/low volume environment and manage competing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication, team oriented while being able to work independently, self-starter and motivated
SonicWall is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Jobs You May Like
Incident Manager, Security
Senior UI Designer
Heal, Los Angeles
Data Applications Software Engineer, Lux (Guest Growth)
Airbnb, New York, New York
DevOps Engineer (France - Paris)
Senior Technical Architect (Java, Spring)
Pivotal Software, Germany / Austria