Senior Malware Researcher
SonicWall, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
Senior Malware Researcher
SonicWall has been fighting the cybercriminal industry for over 26 years, defending small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from SonicWall Capture Labs and the formidable resources of over 26,000 loyal channel partners around the globe, our award-winning, real-time breach detection and prevention solutions secure more than a million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just an another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
We are seeking a hardworking & passionate senior malware researcher to work on complex malware, botnets & new research projects on a daily basis.
· Develop Gateway Antivirus signatures based on threat analysis using proprietary signature description language.
· Troubleshoot and test (including automation) IPS and Gateway AV engines on firmware.
- Analyze, research and develop protections associated with Capture ATP malware engine solution
· Research new ways to improve Deep Packet Inspection engine.
· Setup malware analysis environment for specific threats affecting Windows, Mac OSX, Mobile OS platforms in a lab environment.
· Reverse engineer and analyze new malware threats.
· Publish analysis blogs on SonicWALL’s security center.
· Develop tools to automate malware analysis tasks, simulation software and administer lab environment to replicate attacks.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skills & Experience:
· Expert knowledge of Internet security issues, including malware, exploits and shell code.
· Expert understanding of Windows file structure and packer formats.
· Expertise in emulation and virtualization concepts and platforms (KVM, QEMU, VirtualBox, VMWare)
· Experience working with an IDS/IPS, Gateway AV a plus.
· Reverse engineering tools (Ollydbg, IDA Pro, SoftIce, or equivalents)
· Programming experience in Perl, C, C++, PHP.
· Proficiency with relational database and SQL programming like PostgreSQL.
· Experience with Botnet C&C protocols, Behavioral and Static Analysis of Malware.
· B.S. or M.S. (preferred) Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
· 4-8 years of experience in the field of malware analysis and/or vulnerability research
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, deadline-driven environment
· Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.