Inside Sales Engineer
SonicWall, Cork, Cork, Ireland
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
Over 25 years, SonicWall has been the industry’s trusted security partner, protecting millions of networks worldwide. From network security to access security to email security, we have continuously evolved our product portfolio to fit in quickly and seamlessly, enabling organizations to innovate, accelerate and grow. Our customers know it takes strong security to say yes. We are the trusted partner that allows them to say yes to the future without fear.
SonicWall security solutions are the preferred choice for distributed enterprise, government, education, retail, healthcare and financial deployments. SonicWall products have been hailed by industry publications such as Network World, InfoWorld, PC Magazine and SC Magazine for easy-to-use, high-efficacy and high-performance appliances and services. In 2016, SonicWall earned the highest rating of “Recommended” in the latest version of the NSS Labs Next-Generation Firewall Security Value Map for the fifth year in a row, and was rated as one of the top products for security effectiveness.
We currently have an Internal Sales Engineer opening on our team to work with distribution and partners in EMEA. This is an internal, pre-sales role with no travel required. The individual works closely with the Internal Sales Team to provide technical assistance & security solutions expertise to potential & existing customers, partners and distribution.
- Work with the Internal Sales organization
- Work closely with distribution in EMEA
- Identify customer security and connectivity requirements, and propose SonicWall solutions to address these needs
- Act as liaison between distribution/partner and product management as well as engineering and marketing
- Work with other departments on writing competitive analysis papers for competing technologies, interoperability white papers with other vendors, writing case studies and new feature white papers
- Act as an interface between Support and Sales
- Some post-sales intervention may be required
- 2+ years of successful pre-sales, post-sales, technical consulting or systems engineering experience in network security industry
- 2+ years implementing network and/or system security solution in existing networks
- Graduation in Computer Science or related field
- Nice to have CISSP, CEH, CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA Security+
- 3+ years of technical skills required for this role are excellent understanding of TCP/IP, networking, routing, and Virtual Private Networks; understanding of DNS, SSL, SMTP protocols; strong understanding of network security including Firewall, IDS, IPS, DDOS, and Anti-Virus technology; hands-on experience with operating systems including Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X; understanding of Access Control and authentication infrastructure including but not limited to LDAP, Radius, and Microsoft Active Directory; experience with SMTP filtering solutions; experience with implementing 802.11x wireless networks, and experience with conducting wireless 802.11x site surveys is a plus; knowledge of network management tools that utilize SNMP, NetFlow, or equivalent; experience with implementing SSLVPN and/or SSL offloading solutions
- Good understanding of the structure of the Internet and of performance issues including first mile concerns, last mile limitations, and backbone and network issues
- Proficient in English and one these French, Spanish or Italian, any other additional language is a plus
Job: Internal Sales Engineer
Location: Cork, Ireland
Shift: Day Job
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Jobs You May Like
Revenue Intelligence Manager
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Senior Salesforce Administrator
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Enterprise Account Executive - UK
Qualtrics, London, UK
Sales Development Rep
Canopy, Lehi, UT
Junior Account Executive (Flemish/French)
Lightspeed, Ghent, BE
Director, Business Operations