System Admin Sr. Analyst
SonicWall, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
Job Description – IT Systems Analyst
SonicWall has been fighting the cybercriminal industry for over 26 years, defending small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from SonicWall Capture Labs and the formidable resources of over 26,000 loyal channel partners around the globe, our award-winning, real-time breach detection and prevention solutions secure more than a million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just an another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
The IT Systems Analyst role is work with team and ensure the efficient operation of the company’s network, client servers, databases, and equipment. This includes managing the local IT staff responsible for monitoring and diagnosing network and hardware problems. The IT Systems Analyst will also work closely with the IT executive staff and decision makers in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the local organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead Development operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of IT resources.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Develop maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
- Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of IT systems, including Application, development automation servers and associated hardware.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems.
- Conduct research and remain current with the latest technologies and solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage local staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Oversee IT cross-functional related projects and project portfolio.
- Assist in the provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 4+ years related work experience.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructures and services
- Certified on Devops tools.
Knowledge & Experience
- experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Mandatory experience in Apache Cassandra.
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Saltstack, Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in Python, Shell
- Knowledge of networking technologies (firewalls, VPNs proxies, load balancers, etc.)
- Hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Experience with mixed server environments (Windows & Linux)
- Experience with monitoring/reporting tools (Nagios, Cacti, Kibana)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
SonicWall provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Platform
Udemy, San Francisco, California, USA
Senior Software Developer
TravelPerk, Barcelona - Spain
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Rocket Lawyer, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Frontend Engineer
The Trade Desk, San Jose, CA
Senior Software Engineer (Cybersecurity B2B Identity and Access Management)
Visa, Foster City CA, US