Test Senior Engineer
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
SonicWall has been fighting the cybercriminal industry for over 27 years, defending small- and medium-sized businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from SonicWall Capture Labs and the formidable resources of over 26,000 loyal channel partners around the globe, our award-winning, real-time breach detection and prevention solutions secure more than a million business and mobile networks and their emails, applications and data.
Ready to do your part in the cyber arms race? SonicWall offers fun, high-energy work environments at the leading edge of technology, networking and cybersecurity. Whether you’re in sales, marketing, engineering, product management, technical support or finance, you’ll have real opportunities to help protect more than 500,000 organizations across the globe. If you’re ready for a career that can impact change — and not just another job — join one of committed and enthusiastic SonicWall teams in offices around the world.
Test Senior Engineer
SonicWALL is looking for talented individuals who want to work in cutting edge technology with a dynamic, fast growing company. If you have what it takes to thrive in this fast-paced environment and you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please contact us. We*d love to hear from you!
Must possess excellent problem solving and communication skills. In addition, the individual must be flexible, dependable and have excellent time management skills. A strong understanding of L2-L7 networking protocols, major emphases on SSL, HA (High availability), State Sync, Network Cluster and major Operating Systems such as, UNIX, Linux, and all Microsoft Windows Operating Systems are needed.
The candidate must have related expertise in the following areas:
- Excellent understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol.
• Excellent knowledge in System as well as functional testing of SSL
• Experience in testing switching protocols like STP, RSTP, MSTP or PVST+
• Experience in testing routing protocols like OSPF, ISIS or BGP
• Experience in using third party test equipment like IXIA
• Hands on experience on Cisco and Juniper switches and routers
• Experience in testing multicast protocols like PIM-SM, IGMP, MLD and MSDP is an added advantage
• Experience in testing MPLS protocols like RSVP, LDP and traffic engineering is an added
• Properly carried out an SME role related to SonicWALL Enterprise customers’ escalation.
• Demonstrated ability to use in-depth troubleshooting to resolve or workaround customer issues using troubleshooting tools i.e. WireShark, Netmon etc.
• Experience using various types of test equipment such as IXIA and Spirent tools as well as having a very clear understanding of testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of LAN/WAN network design and implementation strategies or methods.
• Solid background in L2 switching and L3 routing protocols.
• Ability to work on in a high-level stress and interrupt driven environment.
• Experience in defining test requirements, test methodologies and setting up the required test lab and equipment for customer issue duplication
• Good understanding of testing Network Security applications (Firewall, IPS, IDS, Vulnerability)
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Must have a "can-do" attitude and be self-directed in a fast-paced engineering environment.
• Act as a focal point for high impact, large account problem resolution.
- Able to analyze, use and configure medium to large networks.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience.
• Bachelor degree in EE/CS or related field or equivalent experience.
• Proven crisis management skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills--these skills are essential for this engineering role as some work being done is through remote communication.
• Very strong Problem Solving skills, and ability to determine root cause and determine resolution for previously unknown problems
• Ability to drive recreates remotely--Many issues result in the engineer needing to perform a recreate of the customer problem in order to isolate the issue and resolve.
• Good organizational skills. The position requires that the EE is able to prioritize his/her workload and manage customer commitments.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Able to work effectively with and provide guidance to EE team and other collaborating workgroups. This results in very strong teamwork which has proven to be successful in driving Issues to Resolution quickly.
• Prior Escalation Engineer experience is preferred.
• Good presentation skills
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.
Want to learn more about SonicWall? Visit SonicWall's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Wish, Toronto, Canada
Staff Backend Engineer, Kubernetes Platform
Box, Redwood City, CA
Red Ventures, Austin, TX
Infrastructure Security Engineer
Engineering Manager - Engage
Collective Health, San Francisco
Lead Software Engineer, Mobile AR - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel