Engineering Enablement Engineer
SonicWall, Santa Clara
Preventing complex network security breaches for more than 25 years
Sr. Enablement Engineer
Location: Santa Clara – CA - USA
The Engineering Enablement Engineer will be handling products with cutting edge Network Security technologies collaborating with some of the smartest engineers in the industry.
The primary job function will be to handle NPI, PLC of the UTM product line and also drive complex customer escalated cases from the Support/Sales teams to resolution within the published SLA times. In addition to the above this individual should work closely with the R&D, Product Management, Operations, System Engineers/Sales and other cross functional teams and provide customer feedback to improve the product usability, supportability, quality and play a key role in enhancing the customer experience.
- Collaborate with the PM, R&D, Operations teams on the NPI starting from the MRD phase of the UTM new products development cycle keeping focus on enhancing the products usability
- Participate in the NPI process and work with Engineering and the Product Marketing teams on the new technology introductions and remain technically competent with all the SonicWall UTM products and functionality
- Supportability and diagnostics capabilities to deliver the best possible customer experience
- Create documentation in the form of Tech. notes, RCA, KB articles, Best practices guide on the complex deployment/use cases and share this with the Escalation/Support/KB and field staff
- Work closely with the Support, Sales, R&D and PM teams and drive complex, high profile customer escalations to closure within the published SLAs and ensure the customers are delighted with the service and resolution
- Review the customer reported issues trends on a regular basis and work with the Support, R&D, PM, SE/Sales and other cross functional teams in resolving these issues in a timely manner and pro-actively address the issues that has potential for high exposure. Also provide feedback to the R&D and PM teams for enhancing the product quality and reliability
- Participate in the weekly escalation and cross functional team meetings to provide trends on the customer escalations/issues, usability and supportability aspects and come up with solutions to resolve/deflect these issues
- Collaborate with the Support Management, R&D, PM and other cross functional team leaders on the deliverables and ensure that the work performed meets the Quality standards, SLAs and the customer commitments
- Review the bug reports submitted to the Bug Bounty program and assess the validity, accuracy and severity of the issue and work with the R&D, PM and reporters in investigating and resolving these issues.
- Occasional travel to the customers deployment sites on a short notice is required
- BS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering; MS degree and/or Professional certifications from SonicWALL, ISC2 (CISSP), Cisco (CCNP/CCIE), Microsoft, etc...preferred
- 5+ years of product support experience related to Network/Security products in large enterprise IP networks/Data Centers
- 3+ years of customer facing Technical support experience in handling Internet security products like Stateful/Application firewalls and any of the technologies like IPSec VPN, Anti-Virus, IPS, SSL or Wireless network product
- In-depth knowledge of the Network protocols: TCP/IP, SSL, DNS, DHCP, 802.11 wireless standards and working knowledge of layer 4-7 load balancing techniques, Virtualization, Unix (Free BSD/Linux) administration
- Ability to read RFCs and understand the specifications, technical aspects and the implementation in the products
- Published and demonstrated passion for security assessment research; Security consulting experience is a plus
- Previous project management experience in handling new products releases and understanding of the Agile SDLC process; Project management professional certification (PMP) preferred
- Experience in analyzing customer reported issues trends and creating action plan to resolve issues in a timely manner based on the priorities
- Excellent communications skills, strong customer advocate, good organizational skills, self-driven with ability to multi-task on various projects and aptitude to learn new technologies
OUR STORY SonicWall has been preventing cyber crime for over 25 years, defending small- and medium-size businesses and enterprises worldwide. Backed by research from the Capture Labs Threat Network, our award winning real-time breach detection and prevention solutions –coupled with the formidable resources and expertise of more than 18,000 loyal channel partners around the globe – are the backbone securing more than a million business and mobile networks and their email, applications and data. This combination of products, innovation and partnerships delivers real-time cyber defense solutions, tuned to the specific needs of the more than 500,000 businesses in more than 150 countries around the world. The end result: you can do More Business. With Less Fear.